Thursday, January 20, 2005

Answers...

Apocalypse:

~That's a hard question to answer because there are so many things I want to accomplish with my life.
~Being a good parent and helping my son grow into a capable, positive, productive member of society is right up there at the top.
~Being happy and contented and having no regrets or doubts is another.
~Womanhood....it's almost indescribable, but I see it in my mother, in my grandmother, in my aunts. It's that sexiness, that confidence, that spirit, that.....like I said it's hard to describe.
~Career/school... I want to go back to school and get my masters degree and continue in social work.
~I've always wanted to write a novel and publish a book of my poetry.
~If I were to leave this earth right now I want the people most important to me to be able to say that they knew I loved them, that I always tried my best, and that I was a good person with an open heart.

That's such a small part of the things I want to accomplish but you get the picture:)

Toya:

~My favorite movies are:
Romance: Love Jones/Disappearing Acts
Fantasy: Lord of the Rings Return of the King
Comedy: Harlem Nights
Drama: Rosewood/A Raisin in the Sun/Kids
Action: The Last Castle/Tears of the Sun/ The Patriot
Documentary: Fahrenheit 9/11
~My favorite color is orange
~I am in love now, deeply in love, and it's a bitch! :)
~Favorite food is any kind of potato
~Favorite restaurant is Zanzibar Blue
~I just want to be happy in 10 years. Raising my son, living my life, making my money, taking care of my business.

Sorry about the long favorite movie list, I just couldn't name one, and I still could have added more:)

DaKelzz:

~New York
~Red
~Jesus, silly! :)
~Yes one more, but only if I can be guaranteed another boy:)

The Humanity Critic:

~I still want to be a case manager, just somewhere different.
~Only 3? Damn, that's a hard one. I guess it would have to be My Life-Mary J. Blige, Who is Jill Scott, my mixed slow jam/old school rap CD that Benjamin made for me. Ha so there!

Belle

~My biggest mistake would be not speaking to my mother for over 3 years.
~Excellent question. Hmmmmm.....Blubber by Judy Blume. It was first book I ever read. I was in the third grade and I read it cover to cover in three days. I loved it so much I begged my mom to buy me Freckle Juice. After that I was hooked on reading. Reading relaxes me, inspires me, makes me laugh, sometimes even cry, most of all it makes me think. And I owe it all to Blubber.
~The perfect date to me would include stimulating, easy conversation, a little romance, and a lot of fun. It could be a Sixers game or a romantic restaurant, as long as it has those three things it's all good to me. A little kissing never hurt either:)
~I would love to say that as long as the female loves him and treats him right it doesn't matter, but I would be lying. Coming from a family of strong, faithful, funny, caring, wonderful, loving Black women, I see so many benefits for him to date a Black woman. In my opinion no one can understand a Black man, like a Black woman. Some things are just understood between our people. It doesn't have to be spoken because we come from the same place. We all have our gettin in trouble in church stories, our Big Mama stories, our getting our ears burnt while our mom hot combed our hair stories, our Uncle Junebug stories.....u get the picture. Having said all of that, if he does decide to date outside his race I will accept it and not treat the young lady any differently for it.
~Africa, for obvious reasons.

Soulful:

~Change my past
~"I hate you" being the last words I said to my ex, before he was killed in a car accident.
~Deaf
~Trusting people who weren't trustworthy. Just like my mama says "everyone that smiles at you aint your friend".

Thank you guys for all your questions. Sorry for the long-winded answers. Blessings

2 Comments:

Blogger greggy said...

Hi Meka! Thanks for stopping by earlier, you have a very nice blog, I like. I get the feeling I have another link to add to my links page....LOL. Have agreat day!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

Interesting answers...so prompt too!!! Did you get tired by the time you got to my questions? Seems like everyone else got a chapter and I got a page. :o( Hope your writer's block is dissolving!!! *off to read ur political entry*

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home