Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Thank you Bill.....

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Bill Cosby


Amen. I am such a people pleaser. Sometimes I find myself sparing other people's feelings at the expense of my own. When I saw that quote it really hit home with me. I have to change my behavior. I can no longer sacrifice what I want and need to make others feel good. I do this a lot with my mother and my sister. Because they are so important to me I don't stand up for myself with them. I stand up for myself with my friends and Benjamin but for some reason when it comes to my family I just can't. I don't like to make my mom upset. She has such sensitive feelings sometimes. Lately I've been thinking that she uses that as a way of not having to be accountable for the things she says and does. She's a good person, don't get me wrong. She's wonderful. She's been there for me when no one else was, but I think she likes to avoid reality. I think she can dish it out but can't take it. So I'm going to start finding a non disrespectful way of letting her know that she's pissed me off. Same with my sister. It seems as though she thinks the world revolves around her. If it does, I didn't get that memo. She's wonderful too. I never met someone so generous. But at the same time she's so self centered its unreal. I love them both dearly but something has to give or I'm gonna snap out. I don't let anyone walk all over me. Not my friends, not my man, not the people at work, so why I do it with my family is beyond me.

Tomorrow I will post all of my resolutions......until then Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home