Friday, November 05, 2004

couldn't think of a title for this one

How many of you work with people you hate and that hate you right back? People who are quick to judge, point fingers, gossip etc...
I feel like I am back in high school. I am so sick of the drama. I'm about to make a statement and before anyone gets offended by it really think about it. After you think about it, if you're still offended then I don't give a damn. I hate working with a bunch of women. For some reason when you get women together, the atmosphere becomes rife with cattiness, backstabbing, drama etc... We give ourselves a bad name. We bring our emotional selves to work and there really isn’t a place for that. For example: Donna, the girl that used to work here was so emotional she used to sit here and cry. Can you believe it? She would actually cry at work. She couldn't get any of her work done, she was always gossiping about her private life and she didn't see anything wrong with it. And what's even worse on a couple occasions my supervisor, who is also a woman, would let her go home because she was emotionally distraught. Now I’m not a hard ass by any means, but that's crazy. If I have to sit here for 8 hours a day then so should she. I mean everyone has something going on in there life. I felt like slapping her and saying 'pull yourself, together and have some self-respect.'

This is a man's world. Period. Should it be? Maybe, maybe not. But it is. Ladies we have to strap on some balls and compete. In a utopian society things like that wouldn't matter. But last time I checked it's not. There is a double standard and there always will be. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. The reason why men run the world is not because they are smarter or better in any way other than the fact that they know how to keep their emotions in check. It's also why they don't live as long, but that's another story. Why did he get the corner office and not you, why did he get the promotion when you are equally qualified? Because men promote other men. Why? Because they don't want to deal with emotional, calling out because of the kids, crying because my man left me, PMS having women. It's as simple as that. Even the most liberal, open-minded man would rather work with a man than a woman. I know I would and I'm a woman. I'm sorry ladies but we do it to ourselves. I work around a group of irrational, over emotional, catty, nasty-mouthed women. They speak loudly, they get smart, they don't have any respect for themselves or others. When I come to work I sit at my desk quietly, I rarely call out, I'm very professional and I get the job done on time. But because men sometimes don't differentiate between women, I get lumped in with the others. And that pisses me off. It pisses me off that when I have a legitimate complaint it never goes anywhere because everyone in here is always complaining about something. It pisses me off because I choose not to yell at people and disrespect people, I'm not heard. It pisses me off that ignorance is catered too. I was so happy that a man was hired when a new position opened up. We need to stamp out some of this estrogen. I love being a woman and I would never want to be a man, but ladies we really need to get it together or this man's world will eat us alive.

4 Comments:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

maybe you are the cause of said drama... check yourself before you rant on about others making the workplace hostile.. i can see why people would hate you

12:20 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

Thank you for proving my point. You don't even know me and yet you felt the need to make a catty, ignorant comment. There is never an excuse to call names, or tear a person down. It's about respect. If you give it, you'll get it. Try it sometime.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Meka said...

Thank you so much for that positive comment. Whenever I write something it is usually based on my personal experience. I would never be so arrogant to think I can speak for or about all women, or any group for that matter. I have no problem with people disagreeing with what I say just do it in a respectful, positive manner.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home