Monday, November 15, 2004

Sex, Lies and.....well you know.

Where the hell did the assumption that women don't like sex just as much as men come from? Granted I can't speak for all women everywhere, so I'm just going to speak for myself and the women I know. We think about sex just as much as men do. And not always in that, let's make love like we're in a Harlequin Romance novel, kind of way either. Sometimes women just want to fuck. I've been sleeping with the same man on a regular basis for two years. After that much time has passed sometimes you simply want a quickie before you go to work or when the baby is napping. I don't always need the foreplay or the candles and music. Sometimes I don't even feel like getting undressed all the way. Simple as that. I could probably have sex just about everyday. I've never tested that theory but I think I could. Some people would call that being a freak. What's wrong with that? You can be a freak without being a whore. You can be a freak for your man. I'm in a monogamous relationship and still have a healthy sex life. Why do people think the two can't go hand in hand? Whatever my man wants (within reason) he gets. And it's not because I feel like I have to serve him, or I have to give him sex to keep him. It's because I love sex just as much as he does. And considering that men reach their prime between the ages of 18-21 and women don't until much later, I don't understand why it's so hard to believe.

Gone are the days when corseted, virginal brides fainted at the mere thought of what was to come on their wedding night. Gone are the days when women don't even talk about sex. Stop by our table on Tuesday Margarita night, you'll get an earful. I wish women would embrace their sexuality without the fear of being labeled. I'm 28 years old and have only had 5 sexual partners, all of which I was in a relationship with. So I am not at all promoting promiscuity. All I'm saying is if you're gonna do it you should enjoy it. And if you're not enjoying it, try new things. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. It took me a long time to speak up and stand up for myself in the bedroom. I had so many hang-ups about sex and what to expect. As I got older I realized that as a woman I have speak up for myself in all places. I think that most men want to please their woman, maybe they just don't know what you want. If you don't tell him how will he know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home