Monday, September 27, 2004

When is Enough, Enough?

I'm starting to realize that love is not enough. It doesn't set you free, it doesn't conquer all and it doesn't hurt. How is anyone to understand what love is supposed to be with so many bullshit myths circulating around? I know I love my son's father with every fiber of my being. I know there aren't to many things that I wouldn't do for him. I know that he loves me just as much as I love him. What I don't know is how to make a relationship with him work. I don't know how to improve our communication. I don't know how to let him love me and relax and not be afraid to sometimes give up control. Women always say that there aren't any good men around. That's not true. I found one. And he's amazing. But we just can't get our shit together. But it's not just me either. He's arrogant, and a smartass, and he thinks he's always right. Our plans were for one of us to relocate so we could have our little family under one roof. I guess that's not going to happen now. I really don't know what is going to happen but what I would like to know is when is enough, enough? When have you done all you can do? When is it time to throw in the towel? If the love is there and is still so strong, do you keep fighting? We aren't even together and I still get jealous when he's on the phone with other females, I still hate the fact that my son isn't being raised in a two parent home, I hate the thought of him dating someone else. I know for a fact I couldn't be his friend. Which is a shame because of our baby, and I know an adverse relationship between us would effect him. Right now I feel like my back is against the wall, and when I feel like that I make irrational decisions. Sometimes I wish I never met him, I never wanted to be a single mother and as much as I love my baby, I didn't sign on for this. We always said we would raise our family together. Now I'm just another statistic. Right now we have an informal financial agreement. Do I take him to court, just to get something on paper for my security? He takes care of our child now but what happens if he meets someone else and has another child? This situation is getting more complicated by the minute. And it's probably selfish that I won't try to make a friendship work for our sons sake, but I know I can't do it. I've tried. I mean I will always be civil to him, and I will always want what's best for him, but I don't think it would be healthy for me to have a friendship with him. I mean we were never friends to begin with. We fell in love quick and hard. We didn't cultivate a friendship before we started a relationship, so how do we do it now. I don't know what to do. What I do know is that something has to give, because I can't go on like this. Maybe I answered my original question. Maybe I'm trying to make my head do what my heart wants. Maybe I already know that enough is enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I really like the advice given in the comment before me. She's right. Single parenthood is hard. There's not a lot of time for you, but the sacrafice is worth it for your little one.

Get the financial agreement, because you are right. You never know what will happen in the future. Then my best advice to you, is to focus on you and your child. Move on with out him and make your life something.

If he loves you like he sais he does...eventually he will come around, but the effort has to come from him. You can't do it alone, or force him to make a decision.

Good luck! I feel for you, but know from experience that it will get better. I promise!!!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home