Tuesday, February 22, 2005

non sequitur

Day 5 in the sleep standoff. I have insomnia. I've had it since I was about 9. Right around the time my mother sent me to live with my dad. I kind of think it's situational. Whenever something stressful is going on in my life it disturbs my sleep. Really disturbs it. The longest I've gone without sleep has been 9 days. You know how you say "I didn't get any sleep last night" but what you really mean is you only got a couple of hours? Insomnia is not like that at all. No sleep means NO sleep. I try laying down, I try listening to music, I try turning up the heat... nothing works. I guess I just have to let it run it's course. Hopefully I'll be getting some sleep tonight.

Don't you just hate the end of relationships? I don't mean the actual breaking up, but the time period after you break up. It's just so sad. Everything is so different. You talk on the phone but it seems like you're strangers. Or you say something and it triggers a memory from when you were together. Or you get off the phone and you can’t say I love you, even though that’s what you’ve always done. It's just so awkward especially if you have a child with that person. I mean you can’t not talk. You have to because of the baby, and then that makes you angry because you have to talk to, and see the person that hurt you over and over again. How do you ever get closure?

You ever lower your standards to be with someone (and I mean really lower them), put up with shit that you would NEVER put up with, and then theybreak up with you? Doesn't that piss you off? Or is it just me?

My supervisor hired a lady from her church last year to work here. She’s one of her mom’s best friends. She does nothing all day but play solitaire and try to get out of work. I think she exerts more effort trying to get out of work, than she would if she actually did it.

My thoughts are non sequitur. That’s what happens when you don’t sleep, that and headaches. Sorry for rambling.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It happens like that. It really is the worst feeling in the world. My suggestion head over to a massage school, they do massages for a good price and it helps to clear your head a bit. Worked a little bit for me.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Have you tried sex and cocktails? That usually knocks me right out. (teehee) I will keep you in my prayers.

You know what, you should make a t-shirt that says I dated _ _ _ _,WHAT A LOSER! Hey, at least you will feel better.

Hhmm, what shall we do about the work dodger? I'll have to get back to you on that one.

It'll get better. I promise.

5:54 PM  
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

"Don't you just hate the end of relationships? I don't mean the actual breaking up, but the time period after you break up."

Yeah but then you get to act like Usher in the "You Don't Have To Call" video...I'll keep you posted

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 days - no sleep. can't even fathom.

hmmm... i just 'broke up' (Jan) w/ my boyfriend of 6yrs - and honestly, after the initial shock/anger/sadness - i'm ok. you just have to let it go. if you hold on to it - you hold on to it. and talking to him - i just keep it friendly. yes - if i start remembering, it gets sad - but i choose not to - or choose to think in terms of yes it was good - but now it's different. period.
by the way - thanks for stopping my blog!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

breakups are difficult, but I promise it gets better. What worked for me was to change everything. where I lived, worked, etc...that way I had no daily reminders, memories of places and things. It helps alot!
And for sleeping???? Please my friend. Take a Benadryl. It will knock you out, and stop your nose from itching too! Win-win.
hang in there

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home