Thursday, February 03, 2005

Chuck E Cheese sucks!

I've been on vacation.....from everything. I didn't do anything all week but sit on my ass, shop, play with my son and his father, and eat. It was great!

Sunday was my Benjamin's first birthday. The party at Chuck E Cheese was pretty much a flop, because he was sick and didn't want to do anything but sit on my lap with his head on my shoulder. He didn't want to play, or ride the rides...nothing. He got a shitload of stuff though. His closet is full of clothes. He has so much stuff, I'm going to give some of it away to the Salvation Army. He'll never play with it all, we still have stuff from Christmas not opened. All the other kids enjoyed the party except when Chuck came out. They were scared out of their minds. It was so funny. I was laughing my ass off. Next year will be better because he'll be able to run around and enjoy things more.

The waitress pissed me off. First off when you have a party there they have a timetable they follow. They have it written down and everything. I wasn't aware of it until the day of the party. She comes up to me and says "at 10 minutes after you need to round up all the kids and bring them to the table to eat. At 20 minutes after I will bring out the drinks and fill their cups so they can drink" ... so forth and so on. So I told her I didn’t want to go by a timetable. Just bring out the pizza and drinks and they will eat when they want to. So she has the balls to say to me "who are you to say that? it's not your say how the party goes, it's mine. I'm the hostess". I was pissed. I spent my money to have a party here, I will have the party the way I want to. I rented the tables for 90 minutes. As long as I stay within those 90 minutes then that's all that matters, and I walked away from her. So that was strike #1. Strike #2 came when I asked her to bring out the ice cream. She tells me it's not time for the cake and ice cream because Chuck is about to come out. So I ask her “are we going to keep running into problems like this all night?” I asked for my ice cream to be brought out from the back and that's what I want. Period. I don't care if Jesus is about to come out bring me my shit. So she goes and gets the ice cream. When she comes back to the table she opens up the cake box, lifts the cake out of the box and then gets a knife and proceeds to cut the cake. WTF??? I don't need you to cut my cake, I can cut it myself. Who are you to cut the cake that I bought? So she says "we usually cut the cake". I just ignored her. But she kept asking me "do you want me to cut the cake". I mean how many times do I have to say no? Finally she backed off. That was strike #2. I was waiting for strike #3 so I could really go off on her. I was itching to get the chance. But the shift changed and I got another "hostess" to help with the end of the party. She was lucky. How are kids supposed to have fun if everything is so regimented? Let them run around and eat candy and cake and be kids. That’s the point of me having the party there and not my house. So they could run around like sugar-addicted maniacs. Is their motto "where the hostess can be a bitch" or “where a kid can be a kid”? I think that’s the last party I will be having at C.E.C.

My son’s father sent me flowers on Friday. We hadn’t talked since that conversation I mentioned in my last post. I guess he thought he would smooth things out before he came down here. It didn’t work, although he thinks it did. I just decided not to make a big deal out of it right now. He came down here to spend time with our son for his birthday, so I let it go. For now. I just don’t look at him the same after that conversation. I don't know if I can trust him like I did before it happened. It’s not something that I will get over anytime soon. All the flowers in the world won’t change it. Only time will. It was a nice gesture on his part so I accepted them and let this week be about our son. But when he goes back home I think I need some space to really think things over.


8 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

Aww...sorry the party wasn't that fun. Poor Peanut.

LMAO@ you talking to that hostess tho...EVERY party i've attended at C.E.C's has had problems. Top their credit, they haven't ALL been their fault, but still...

2:51 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I have always thought that CEC sucked ass, especially when I had to endure 5 hours of screaming brats..lol Great post, awesome blog..

10:27 AM  
Blogger LB said...

LMAO @ Is their motto "where the hostess can be a bitch" or “where a kid can be a kid”? **DEAD**

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you kno wat lady the women was only trying ot make your party special and u had to tell nher off !!!! you really are a witch !!!btw im having my party there on dec 13 and every thing is gunna be spectacular aslong as your not there !!!!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ... First of all ... I currently work at chuck e cheese . and I'm a hostess ...And I have to deal with stupid people like you all the time !!! I mean .. Come on .. We do so much work just to make a party PLUS MORE ! We have to take pizza from the kitchen and deliver it to every single table in the resturaunt ! you don't know how many times I had 2 pies of pizza in my hands and somebody says "this game is not working" so rudely .. HELLO ! don't you see I'm busy?! The most we can do is call the gameroom attendent to fix it for you .. Not everybody who works there knows how to fix a game .

the party is an 90 minutes .. And it's schedualed a certain way.. The parents and the kids come , we take thier orders , then give the tokens to the parents so the kids can play .. after 20 minutes the pizza comes out so they can eat .. Then chuck E comes out and we have a show so they can meet chuck e , then take pictures with him then they have cake and open presents ... so really , you can't have the party the way you want it ! it's schedualed for A REASON ! we give you everything the party needs and try to make it special as possible !! after the 90 minutes are up we immeadltly have to clean up and get ready for the next party .. And we usually don't have enough time to clean it so were doing everything as fast as possible .. You do realize that we have to put new table cloths on , plates , cups , and ballons in all the tables in the showroom ?! not to mention we have to clean the discusting mess you guys give ?! And sweep the floor ! we have to clean up the the boneless chicken wings , pizza on the tables plus floors , the and the cake you leave behind !! also sometimes I do 6-7 parties a day !! and it gets VERY STRESSFUL !

The reason why he wanted to cut your cake is because she wanted you to relax and have a good time .... but NOOOOO !!!!! You wanted to be ignorant and yell at her !! wtf??! You clearly don't see how much work we do for minamium wage .. not to mention you know if we don't cut the cake for you , our managers will yell at us for not cutting it !

lemme guess , you had you party on a Saturday or Sunday, right?! ... If you want your party the way YOU want it , then HAVE YOUR PARTY ON A WEEKDAY ! Childeren are in school it's less people and you can stay as long as you want ... DUH ! why do you think the weekends are most busy ?because the kids aren't in school and THE WEEKENDS ARE THE WORST TIME TO HAVE A PARTY !

when I have to close the showroom, chuck e cheese closes at 10pm on the weekdays , 11pm on Fridays and saturdays , we don't leave till 12pm or even 1am in the morning because it's such a mess !! People have no consideration what so ever .. You don't know how many times I told people to at least clean thier tables when they leave , but you know what .. They don't ! I feel like I'm cleaning after up a whole bunch of little kids ! And not mature adults ! They look at us and say "it's thier job to clean, so just leave the trash i the tables they will get it" ... It really pisses me off ! I mean yea we have to clean everything, but do you have to leave EVERYTHING there ?!!! It only takes 2 minutes to throw something out . geeze !!

sorry to sound mean but I have to set you straight .. you only see how things appear .. why won't you work and chuck e cheese ?! Bet you won't be talking so much crap then .

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Robert said...

I have to agree with the latter comments. The party is planned so every kid can play, see Chucky, eat pizza and have cake and ice cream. All in 90 minutes. The hostess cannot just drop everything when you say you want ice cream. I would expect that from a 3 year old, but a grown woman should behave better.
When you keep changing the routine, you are affecting the birthday party for 3-4 other tables. They don't get their pizza or drinks because 'the bitch over there' is taking all the time of the hostess.
After years working in food service, I know most customers are wrong. They think it is perfectly normal to spill drinks on the floor, smear pizza into the carpet and then complain if their table isn't perfectly clean.
So grow up, ask better questions and get over yourself. The hostess worked her ass off for minimum wage and probably didn't get a tip for her service. She has the job to pay bills and have a roof over her head. Not to be treated like a bad person by bitches everyday.
Don't go to CEC. It will a better place without people like you there.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you just shutup, seriously. Not everyone likes things the way you do. The whole schedule thing is ridiculous. Kids want to be free not rely on scheduling. They can play and eat when they are hungry. Simple. And weekday parties are hard certain people may not go.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally someone who actually knows what's going on there. Ive never worked at one of these places, but its gotta be pretty stressful. I think the woman who wrote this article was being pretty ingnorant too.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home