Monday, February 07, 2005

Bush, Burberry, Potty Training & Cotton-headed daydreams ....

Ok, my plan was never to blog about Bush again. I figured he won a second term so I might as well suck it up and deal with it, and be happy in the knowledge it was only 4 more years. But after seeing the proposed budget and some of the early details that are emerging I cannot sit in silence. The President is committed to this war. He's not going to admit it was a mistake and he isn't going to pull out anytime soon. This war is costing the US about a billion dollars a week and that figure is only going to get higher. So now in order to balance the cost of the war, he is cutting vital programs. One-third of the programs being targeted for elimination are Educational Programs. So much for No Child Left Behind. It was already under funded, and now he is seeking to decrease that funding even more. He's already made it damn near impossible to qualify for Medicaid and is now proposing to restrain Medicaid growth even further. There are already too many American's without healthcare and you want to make it harder? What the fuck? What happens when you're not old enough for Social Security and your working a job with no benefits like my mom? You're ass out, that's what. I have to say he did do a few positive things. He increased Pell Grants, and is giving more support to high-school programs, job-training efforts, and community health clinics. That's fine but it's not enough. It's not enough for the millions of people without healthcare, it's not enough for the poor, it's not enough for the farmers who's aid is being cut. It's exclusionary and it's not enough. Instead of funneling more and more money into this fucking war, into Defense and Homeland Security invest it in our schools, our youth, and our elderly. I'm not saying Homeland security programs aren’t important, they are, but they aren’t the only programs that are. Conveniently left out of the budget were the cost of the war, overhauling Social Security, the long-term costs of making his tax cuts permanent, and the stupid-ass AMT. Once again he is giving American’s his version of the truth. During his State of the Union address he said, “America’s prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government.” “The principle here is clear: a taxpayer dollar must be spent wisely, or not at all.” What he meant is a taxpayer dollar must be spent his way or not at all.

He is also proposing a five-year budget instead of a 10-year plan, which is customary. So we won’t even feel the impact of his budget until he is out of office, and when we do it won’t be pretty. Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, the top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee, called Bush's budget the "tip of the iceberg" because once beyond its five-year window "the cost of everything he advocates just explodes."

I keep hearing Bush talk about Iraq's future. What I want to know is what do you see for America’s future? What legacy are you leaving for my son? What future does he have?

I usually don't wear perfume. I use Coast or Lever 2000 soap, and I love the fresh, clean smell it leaves on my skin. I also use cocoa and mango butter. I use it all year around. It’s natural and it smells amazing. During Christmas I was out shopping for perfume for my mom and sister. I was going from counter to counter smelling the different fragrances when I came across Burberry London. Oh my God. I have never smelled anything like it. I fell in love with it instantly. I can’t even describe it. Benjamin bought me some when he came down here last week and I’ve been wearing it ever since. It makes me feel grown and sexy when I wear it. A little bit feisty too. It’s so sensuous and sexy smelling. Makes me think of spoken-word, jazz, Zanzibar blue, and making love in the rain.

I am about to start potty-training my Peanut. How I’m going to accomplish this is beyond me because he won’t sit still for a second. I am imagining him running around butt-booty naked, piss and shit all over my house and me running behind him trying to clean it up. Wish me luck yall.

I have a sinus infection. My head feels like it’s packed with cotton and my eyes hurt like hell. I have been sick the majority of the winter. I’m sick of being sick. I'm daydreaming about someplace warm where Peanut and me can play on the beach and lay in the sun. I can partake of fruity drinks with umbrellas in them and be waited on hand and foot by an oiled-up native. Until then I guess I’ll be sucking down the Tylenol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home