Monday, March 14, 2005

Philly fun

I haven't really felt like blogging in a while. So much has happened in the past couple of weeks, it's been such a drain on me emotionally and physically. I didn’t end up going to Philly the weekend before last, so I went this past weekend. I actually had a good time. We talked and I think we are on the path to getting some things resolved. That's really all I can ask for right now. Just opening the lines of communication and getting some other options on the table made things a lot better. He worked most of the weekend so Peanut and I hung out with his mom and dad. They are really cool people. They’re the parents you wish you had. She’s very supportive of us. They spoil Peanut and love having him there. His mom and I hung out and went shopping. She would be someone I would hang out with even without the connection to Benjamin. She's like a cool older sister. I spent too much money on my son. I love the Children’s Place but I need to stay out. I went in there looking for shoes for Peanut and ended up buying him 6 outfits. Finding cute boy stuff is hard. Most places have amazing clothes for girls and the boy stuff is ugly, but they have a good selection. I don't know why I went to Philly and shopped at a place that we have right here in Dover. The sales tax there is ridiculous. Not having to pay tax here spoils you. You go other places and forget all about it.

My favorite holiday is approaching. I have loved Easter for as long as I can remember. We always do it big on the holidays. House full of people, tables full of food; I have so many wonderful Easter memories. Every year I got a new dress, I got to go to the hair salon and get my hair pressed and curled. I always got the big store-bought baskets with the toys and candy in it. We had an Easter egg hunt and we would stay up all the night before dying eggs. My mom would by the plastic eggs and put money and jelly beans in them and hide them with the real eggs. We still do all of that to this day. This will be Peanuts first Easter egg hunt. I’m gonna help him out and I’m not taking it easy on the other kids. We’re gonna win. It’s actually not supposed to be about winning, just the fun of it, but we’re gonna win anyway. Last year for Easter I dressed Peanut up in a bunny outfit. This year he gets a suit. It’s a three-piece white suit with a light blue vest and tie. He’s gonna be sharp as a tack. I can’t wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schatzi said...

I lurve Childrens Place!!! I can spend way.too.much money in there!

I'm glad you had a good visit to Philly! Gma sounds like a really good lady!!

Make sure you take a picture of Peanut in his little suit.. He's going to look too cute!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home