Thursday, February 24, 2005

Melancholy Blues

I don’t love easy
but I love hard
harder than diamonds
I don’t love smoothly
I do it rough
Like the pain in a Billie Holiday song

Loving you wasn’t in the plan
the plan changed
like the weather
instant
quick
catching me off guard

I was fiercely loyal to myself
to my heart
to my needs and my wants
I betrayed them in favor of you
your heart
your needs
your wants

I don’t love easy
but I love hard
harder than diamonds

Our love is about give and take
I give
give in
give up
you take

they say diamonds are forever
nothing is

4 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

IL Lake Effect gave you the right scripture....gon and read that.


I enjoyed this.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I felt like I was at a blues concert and I so wanted to yell...AMEN,...SANG IT SISTAH! I am so sorry you feel this way. I will keep you in my prayers.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that poem. was beautiful.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Chops said...

Meka, girl you are too fly! It's like you were retelling the story of me and the Circus Midget.

Looking back, I find it sooo hard to believe I abandoned myself, wants, needs and value so easily. Lessons learned, today is a new day!
Blessings to you girl!

Oh! I dont know if you saw the comment I made back to you on My Money Melts, but here it is: "Ohh Girl! You sold your Law Textbook??? LMAO! Those shoes must have been FABULOUS!! You are too funny!"

Lambchop~

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home