Friday, December 10, 2004

Mouse Tales

Last night I went home for the first time since I saw the mouse. I had one of my friends lay down traps the other night, and he came over to check them. Low and behold, we got him. I'm so happy. So last night I spent the whole night bleaching everything. My floors, my walls, my cabinets, refrigerator, vacuumed my carpets, washed all the dishes with bleach and dish soap. I wanted to disinfect anywhere that mouse even thought of going. It took me six hours. I was exhausted. As the night wore on I kept thinking 'what if there was a whole family of them and I just killed momma mouse'. What if the rest of the family were gonna take revenge on me and my baby while we were sleeping. These irrational thoughts kept circling thru my head until I drove myself crazy. Needless to say I stayed at my girlfriends house again.

I also went to get my hair done. I don't usually spend a lot of time or money on getting my hair done I just do it myself. But my birthday is Sunday, so I treated myself. Now I wish I hadn't cause' I don't like it. I'm a simple girl who likes simple things. The only time that doesn't apply is when I go shoe shopping but that's another story. I don't want to have to wake up in the morning an extra 30 minutes to try to fix some complicated hairstyle. I usually try to brush my hair into a ponytail or bun while trying to wrestle clothes onto my son. So now I'm stuck with this hairstyle that I have no idea how to maintain even if I had the time to.

If you've been reading my blog, you know that my birthday is Sunday the 12th. You should also know that the one thing I want for my birthday is to get laid (my sister says that phrase isn't lady-like. Sorry). I didn't think it was going to happen because my son's father has to work, but somehow he managed to get off. He's a manager in a department store, it's the holiday season, so it was pretty hard to do. So tonight my son and I are Philly bound. We are going out to dinner and a movie on Saturday, and then Sunday gonna see the Sixers thrash the Bucks. Bill Cosby and the Fat Albert gang are gonna be there and they're handing out Fat Albert Bobblehead Dolls. They're only giving out 5,000 of them so it's a possibility I won't get one. So if anyone out there happens to get their hands on one that they don't want I'll be happy to take that for you:)

Philadelphia......what can I say about it. I love that city! I love the smell, the sound, the feel. I don't know what it is , but the minute I get there I get excited. It's been that way since I was a little girl. I have a love affair with that city that will never end.

I've noticed that people are starting to read my blog and leave comments. I would like to say thank you. I really appreciate that you took the time out. I think it takes courage to put your thoughts and feelings out there for everyone to see, so I try to leave a comment on everyone's blog I read so they know I was there and read what they have to say. Did anyone participate in nanowrimo? Let me know and I will check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home