Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Pissed off

Ok I had no intentions of ever giving my opinion on the Michael Jackson case, but I just had an argument with my friend about it and now I'm pissed on so many levels.

Why is it that some Black people stick up for other Black people just because they’re Black? That is one of the biggest pet peeves I have. She's saying everyone should stick by Michael Jackson because he is Black and the media/paparazzi, and the D.A want to crucify him. First of all the media crucifies everyone. If they can get a story they're gonna get it. Period. Second of all why don't you get the facts of the case and maybe wait a little while before you determine guilt or innocence. I love MJ don't get me wrong, but should I just automatically assume he's innocent because he sang Billie Jean? She's like “he is one of our Black heroes.” Martin Luther King was a hero, Harriet Tubman was a hero, Benjamin Banneker, George Washington Carver, Daniel Hale Williams.....all heroes. Michael Jackson? A singer. Period. Now I'm not saying he hasn't contributed, and I'm not saying he's not a part of Black history. The man is a musical genius. He writes and produces all of his songs. That takes talent and hard work. I will give credit where credit is due. But that still doesn't make him innocent.

Another point came up that pissed me off. "They were all little White boys, if they were little Black boys no one would care". First of all wrong again. They would care, cause it's Michael Jackson. This case is not about Black or White, it's about fame. A famous person is being accused of a horrible crime. That's gonna be on the news, in the tabloids, on the radio. Secondly, what does it matter what color they are. THEY ARE LITTLE BOYS! WTF? Maybe he just prefers little White boys. Maybe that's who he has access to. Most Black parents are not going to let their child stay at Michael Jackson’s house. If I asked my mom she would flip out. I can hear her now: "Why the hell do you want to stay over a grown ass man's house? We don't know him. I don't care if he did sing "Bad". Carry your ass upstairs and do some "Bad" homework." And anyway wasn't one of those boys Hispanic?

If their allegations are true, that means Michael Jackson, raped little boys. If he did then he should be buried under the jail cause he's a pedophile. Fuck therapy, fuck rehabilitation, send his ass to prison and he can sing Man in the Mirror on cellblock C. I mean you have to admit, he has some kind of weird fascination with little boys. He's always taking them under his wing and next thing you know they are on TV dressed up in mini versions of his little outfits riding the rides at Neverland ranch. Remember that little boy from Home Alone, and Corey Feldman? If he was smart he wouldn’t have had children as overnight guests. I understand you are trying to recapture your childhood, but why do you need kids staying overnight. Invite them over to play in the daytime and then send them home to their parents. Why does he have kids that aren't related to him staying the night IN HIS BED? He had already been charged with molesting a child, settled out of court, and then he's going to turn right around and have another little boy over? What sense does that make? To me that screams stupid. Then she wants to say “the parents just want money.” Maybe they do. Does that mean he's not guilty? No.

It's the same thing with R. Kelly. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but a long time ago R. Kelly and Aaliyah (R.I.P) were on Video Soul w/ Donnie Simpson. She must of been about 14 or 15 at the time. They had on matching Mickey Mouse sweatshirts, had just come back from Disneyland, and R. Kelly was sitting up there saying Aaliyah was his best friend. Donnie looked at him like he was crazy. I know he was thinking what I was: what the hell is a grown ass man doing with a 15 yr old girl as a best friend? That interview always stuck in my mind for some reason. I knew then that something wasn’t right. Even their body language was a little to intimate. Sure enough a couple of years later we hear all this stuff about Aaliyah and R. getting married, and a few years after that the tape emerges. But everyone wants to defend him cause he sang 12 Play. Give me a break.

Now I'm not saying that R. Kelly & MJ are guilty (although I think they are) and everyone has the right to their own opinion. It just seems to me that standing up for someone just because they share your same skin color is wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home