Friday, December 10, 2004

My little monster

My son is a little monster. He will not sit still for anything. I mean I know he's curious, there are a lot of things he's never seen before. So whenever he sees something of course he has to investigate. No problem right? Wrong! I can't dress him, feed him, bathe him, without him trying to get away from me to go exploring. I try to keep him on a schedule and try to have a routine in the morning. I get up at six, make his bottles for the day, pack his diaper bag, take a shower, get dressed, then wake him up and start getting him ready. It usually works unless he gets up before I wake him up. Then it’s chaos. He wants to get out of the crib and if I don't get him out he tries to climb out. He's not even walking yet. So to prevent a trip to the e.r. I take him out and put him in his walker. Now he wants to open the fridge and throw stuff on the floor or he wants to go in the bathroom and stick his hands in the toilet. A couple of weeks ago, I walked in the bedroom to get dressed. I kept smelling vinegar but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It didn't dawn on me to look at him cause where would my 10 month old son get vinegar from? So I finish getting dressed and go to pick him up to get him ready and he smells like vinegar. This boy had gotten into the fridge, picked up the vinegar bottle, somehow gotten the top off, and vinegar was all over him and the floor. I still don't know to this day how he did it. But if he can do all that and he's only crawling, imagine what he can do when he starts walking. I'm a little scared:) And the bad thing is I can't even chastise him cause he gives me this mischievous grin that just cracks me up.

The boy has no fear. Well he has some fear which was evident when he saw a dog for the first time. I was at a girlfriend's house and her dog came out of the room. I would have paid good money to have a camera right then. I have never heard him scream that loud. He almost scratched my skin off trying to get away. It was so funny. The next time we went over there I expected the same, but he got down on the floor and played with the dog. He tried to stick his fingers in the dog's eyes and everything. I had to stop him cause' he was being to rough. He's crazy!

It's so amazing watching my child grow. I mean 8 months ago, he couldn't even sit up. Now he's into everything. But sometimes I miss my little boy, the one I cuddled at night and sang to. Now he won't sit still long enough for me to hold him. He is so independent. It makes me proud and sad at the same time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toya said...

awwww lil kids are so cute...they are too funny to me...he's so cute! thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Girl when i hear that song "Stand" it makes me want to cry, sometimes i do.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

he's adorable,....look at that smile

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home