Tuesday, March 29, 2005

invisible

i used to think love
i used to drink love
i used to want love
i used my cunt love
i did what I had to do to make you stay

i wanted… no i needed you to stay. i thought if you told a joke and i laughed the loudest, if i turned the other cheek when you slapped me then you would stay. if i spread my legs wider and made my pussy wetter, the bitch who keeps calling our house at 3 in the morning would disappear and maybe just maybe you’d stay. i won't show my intelligence. i’ll make you look smarter and i’ll treat you like a king. then you’ll have to stay won’t you? aretha said “give him something he can feel” i’ll give till’ there's nothing left. when you come to my house at 4 in the morning, i won't ask you where you've been for the last few days. i'll kill any urge to ask you if you know what happened to the money that was in my purse. my girls don’t believe you care but you do. they're just jealous of what we have. i know you love me cause' love hurts. you love me like a motherfucker.

i used to think love
i used to drink love
i used to want love
i used my cunt love
i did what I had to do to make you stay


who is this person? who is this bitch with the loud, fake laugh? i turned one cheek and you slapped the other. i made you a king and you ruled over my life, my self-worth, my senses, my being. i spread my legs until my joints ached. and you still didn’t stay. my pussy was so wet it stained the sheets with my shame. and you still didn’t stay. i gave you something you could feel. now i cant feel a thing.

i'm numb.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

love it....
i have totally been there

11:57 PM  
Blogger Brown Beauty said...

dammnnnnnn, that's all i can come say. you left me speechless...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

Nai ~ thanks for stopping by, i'll definitely check your page out.

Miki ~ not really. It's about women in general. some of it I can relate to from experience, some of it is just observations of women I know. thanks for the well wishes though.

Nap ~ yes I did write it. thank you!

Jazz ~ I think we all have in some form or another. Sometimes love takes you over and you lose yourself in it and find yourself doing things you thought you'd never do. It may not be what I wrote about but we've all done it.

Dakelzz ~ It's not about me, just a general piece.

Singing, Brown Beauty, & Belle ~ thank you!

12:46 PM  
Blogger TheSaga said...

wow that was a great poem, chica. u definitely got me hooked. i'll be passing by again.

5:46 PM  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

Girl, girl, girl!!! I am so feeling this post. Whewwww, you hit me something deep. I have been there, I think I have a permanent home "there".

We try to do everything they want and it is never enough, when we give them nothing, they sniff behind us like we have steaks tied to our asses.

I'm numb, at 26, I'm numb. I didn't even get to have the joy of having a son or daughter with someone I love, but I wouldnt want to bring a life into the world I'm living in anyway.

I will definitely be back to this one!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home