Wednesday, March 16, 2005

R.I.P. JP

Sophomore year: My best friend Neesha and I go to the Senior dorms to hang out and play spades with a couple of her friends that I had yet to meet. We get there and the first thing I see is this big teddy bear of a guy holding court. He was sitting on a chair and all these people around them were just sitting there listening to him talk. That was my introduction to JP. From that day on we stayed over there. There were many more nights like that, it seemed like everyone came to him for advice or his take on things. Every weekend was spent playing cards & dominos, watching TV, or just joking around and drinking. JP had the kind of personality people would gravitate to. You know the type right? Smart and funny as hell. He could have your sides hurting from laughing so hard. I had what I thought was a secret crush on him for the longest time. I found out later it wasn't as secret as I thought but that's another post all together. He was such a sweetheart. He would help you out in any way he could. He could sing his ass off too. He sounded like Wanya from Boyz II Men. He taught me how to play chess and how to mix drinks. He made me up my spades game cause’ I was used to playing with scrubs. He was just a good guy all around.

He was 33 years old and now he’s gone. I’ll always remember you J. Rest in peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Schatzi said...

You are blessed to have known such a great man!! ((HUGS))

1:03 PM  
Blogger jonetsu said...

nice post! sorry about the loss, glad you shared your memories!

4:45 PM  
Blogger melyssa said...

i'm sorry for your loss. his journey's just begun.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to deal with losing people you love. I'm glad you shared him with us, therefore keeping his memory alive.....so, thankyou.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home