Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Moving out, moving up, moving on...

So many changes are occurring in my life I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with the two job offers I’ve received. I haven't posted that much about how unhappy I am at my job but it's really starting to get to me. It seems like all I do all day is deal with people's pissy ass attitudes and do work that I'm not getting paid enough to do. Why does it seem like when you come to work, do your job, do it well, and act professionally; you don’t get any acknowledgement? But people who come to work late, are loud and obnoxious, and don’t do shit seem to get all the credit. I’m getting tired of my supervisor coming to me to do work that he can’t do but I’m getting paid peanuts. I’m tired of people yelling at me across the office, you have a phone call, instead of calling my extension. I’m tired of hearing the nasty ass girl on the other side of the office, belch, and then say “oh Lord, I’ve got bad guts”, everyday. And I kid you not… It’s everyday. I’m tired of the older lady next to me saying I can’t do this and I can’t do that… you’ve been here over a year wtf? Have some work ethic and learn the shit instead of saying you can’t do it. So I started putting in applications went on some interviews and got a couple of job offers. The only downside is I will be making pretty much the same money that I make here. I didn’t want to do a lateral move to another company. One of the offers is at a dialysis facility. I would love that job but I’ve been there and the smell makes me sick to my stomach. The smell of blood is horrible. I struggled thru that whole interview. I wanted to get out of there so bad. My stomach was churning. I’ve been in dialysis facilities before but they were larger. When I went to Oklahoma for the job I have now, several of the meetings we had were in various dialysis facilities. I never smelled the blood. I don’t know if it’s because they were larger and the offices were in the back or if they were cleaner. All I know is I didn’t smell it. But this particular facility is small and that’s all you can smell from the minute you open the door. I don’t know if I could get used to it. The other position is in our Savannah office. I put in for a transfer to Atlanta but all they have are lateral positions. Our Savannah office has a position that is perfect for me. It’s making a whole lot more money and I will be supervising a small amount of employees. I’m seriously considering that position. I’ve wanted to get out of Delaware for a while. There is nothing here for me except my family. I want to raise my son in a place that has opportunities for him to see and learn new things. I want him to be involved in different clubs and activities and around here he’ll just be playing outside or in the house doing nothing. I don’t want that for him. I have a few days to think about what I’m going to do; hopefully I’ll make the right decision.

I guess the next thing would be that I’m seeing someone. That’s actually a huge thing since I never thought I would again. I thought if things didn’t work out with my son’s father I would just give up on the dating thing and not sweat it. I ran into a guy that I used to go to school with, and who I hadn’t seen since. We were really good friends, I really don’t know how we ended up losing touch with each other. We never did anything but I used to sleep in his bed when my roommate had company. We did a little flirting but he had a girlfriend back home and I was just starting to date Terrill. Nothing every materialized but there was a definite attraction. We had a lot in common and would talk almost every day for at least an hour. He introduced me to go-go music. I had never heard of it before that. I’m still hooked to this day. Anyway I ran into him recently, we went out and have been talking everyday since. I’m taking things slow and not really sweating it. His family has a beach house and I stayed there over the weekend and we had a pretty good time. He wants to meet my son but I don’t play that. The only man that needs to be in Peanut’s life right now is his daddy.

I never thought things would be over between my son’s father and I. Anyone who reads this blog knows that. I wanted it to work out for all of our sakes. But like he told me a long time ago some things just don’t work out.

My baby is still sick. I’m starting to get a little angry about it. I don’t like seeing my child suffer and I feel like he’s not getting the best medical care. They keep telling me conflicting things and I’m starting to get pissed. I don’t like to act up but when it comes to my baby I’ll do what I have to. He’s had the same cold for months. It will get a little better than a little worse but he never completely gets over it. I want to be referred to an allergist to find out what he’s allergic to but they keep telling me to wait until he’s two. January is a long time from now, to long to be watching him suffer. I’m just praying they will be able to do something for him now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Schatzi said...

I know you'll make the best decision for you and Peanut!! I'm glad you've got 2 offers to ponder between!

I thought the same thing as you. And from reading your blog, I do know how hard you've tried to work it out with Peanuts dad. You deserve to be happy!! Taking it slow is the right choice.. I hope it works out for you!

Have you thought about getting a 2nd opinion w/Peanut? But having a child w/Asthma & Allergies, I can tell you that it is standard that they are 2 before certain treatments. But there HAS to be exceptions. ((HUGS)) I know what you are going thru!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

congrats on the job offers! just pray that God leads you to the right decisiont hat's best for you! and congrats on dating again! :-) awww i hope peanut get's better, i know he will! :-) is he just going to a regular hospital or have he's been going to a children's hospital?

4:54 PM  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

I'm going to pray for your baby and for his swift recovery. I am sorry that things didnt work out for you and your son's father. Man, that is the worst. Trying to keep a family together, but watching it slip thru ya fingers. Peace be with you, sis.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Savannah is BEAUTIFUL (and only 3 1/2 hours from Atl).

I'm glad that you are doing your thing when it comes to your son's father. When it came to my daughter's father, it was HARD for me to realize that we wouldn't be the Hallmark family. The second hardest thing for me was to realize that I couldn't MAKE him be Kennedi's dad. Once I showed him that we would be fine without him and didn't 'run in behind him', he stepped up and started doing what he should have been doing all along...being her dad and taking an active interest in her.

About the job decision...maybe this is a way for you to start fresh in new surroundings.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home