Friday, July 08, 2005

Hair 911

What the hell is wrong with my hair? I can’t do anything with it. It drives me crazy. I used to have long, beautiful, thick hair when I was younger. My mom used to straighten it out and I would wear it in long ponytails. As I got older it got thicker so she started putting perms in it. Of course that ruined it. It started breaking off and getting thinner. By the time I was in high school it was half the length it was when I was in grade school and probably half as thick. Now it’s shoulder length and a little on the thin side. I haven’t had a perm in about 4 years so most of the damage has been repaired. I love natural hair. I have a “good grade” of hair but I have no idea what to do with it. I see all these beautiful sistah’s rocking their natural styles and I’m envious. One of the many drawbacks of being from a small town is that there are only a couple of quality salons around here and of those two none of the stylists specialize in natural hair. They keep saying “you have pretty wavy hair, just put some mousse on it and wear it out”. Yeah ok. I tried that and after an hour it’s just puffy and frizzy and a looks like a hot mess. It’s driving me crazy.

Anyway… I went to a toy party last night. If anyone has ever been to one of these you know how crazy they can be. This was my first one and I have to say it was interesting to say the least. One of the new girls at my job has a friend who sells lingerie and toys and she was having this party. I’m not going to go into all the freaky-deaky details but I had a really good time. I didn’t buy anything (this time) but it was fun nevertheless. I met some new and interesting people, which is always good. The party was an hour away so I didn’t get home until after 11. Which is why I’m sitting here at work sleepy as hell. I was up yesterday at 4am cause my baby is sick. He has a cold and was tossing a turning all night long. I guess around 4 he’d had enough cause he woke up crying. Then he wanted to play so I didn’t get him back to sleep until 5:30. I get up at 6 so I had about 4 hours sleep. For me that’s torture. I need at least 8 hours of sleep to function. I prefer 9 or 10. What never ceases to amaze me is people who can run on 3 and 4 hours of sleep. I’m not built like that. If I don’t get enough sleep I’m a crab ass. I will sit here all day and not say a word and teeter in between sleep and awake. I’m not productive at all. What’s so crazy is I should be used to that because I’m a borderline insomniac. I go nights when I can’t sleep at all, so 3 or 4 hours should be heaven to me, but it’s not. I’d rather not sleep at all then get into some good sleeping and have to wake up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

LOL! At the toy party. I've heard how rambunctious some of them can be. Next time, us guys don't mind. Details pleez (lol) I hope that your little guy is feeling much better. Hopefully as I type this, he's up and around and ready to drive mommy crazy!

I'm one of those people who can function on 3-4 hours of sleep. I go to the gym, work productively, but I wouldn't mind an hour or so extra. If I sleep more than 6 hours, my body doesn't feel right at all.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home