Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's still hot dammit!

It's hotter than cootie brown outside. I am not going anywhere today. Once I get to work, I'm barricading myself in. I’m not even going to think about leaving for lunch. When it’s hot I sweat like a slave and that is soooo unattractive. My sister called me to see if I want to go to the fair tonight? WTF? Is she crazy? Unless the fair is inside this year then hell no I’m not going. As soon as I get home I’m taking a shower turning the AC on high and taking a nap with my son. Extreme heat like this makes me tired and saps my energy. !@#%$!

Is anyone other than me feeling that new Toni Braxton song? I was blasting it this morning. Put a little pep in my step. The violins are crazy. Speaking of songs, whatever happened to CD and cassette singles? I wish they would bring them back, so I don’t have to keep buying whole CD’s for one damn song. I used to have a car full of singles. I was over my mom’s house the other day and found Troop’s All I Do is Think of You and Monica’s It’s just One of Them Days. That took me back. I used to go to the record store every payday and buy like 10 cassette singles. Those were the days…

Anyway…I stole this from ej. Thanks!

Ten years ago: I was 20 on my own and thought I knew every damn thing.
Five years ago: I was 25 and just starting to realize what womanhood really meant.
One year ago: I was still getting the hang of this motherhood thing and loving every minute of it.
Yesterday: I went to work, picked up my son and went home. I played some music while I caught up on some letters I should have written a while ago.
Today: The day isn’t over yet, but so far I’ve caught up on most of my work and gave a much needed cleaning to my desk. Tonight I’m going to see my friend and her new baby.
Tomorrow: I’m going bowling on base and to the movies to see Hustle & Flow. I need to squeeze in a trip to the mall to get my baby some shoes too.
5 snacks I enjoy: Reduced Fat Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, Ben & Jerrys, Pretzels, Strawberries, and popcorn
5 bands that I know the lyrics to most of their songs: 112, Earth Wind & Fire, Atlantic Starr, The Roots, The Fugees
5 things I would do with $100,000,000: By myself a house, Give each member of my immediate family 3-5 million, set up a trust fund for my son, take my sisters, girlfriends, mother and step-mother to a spa/vacation, start a business catering to working mothers
5 locations I’d like to runaway to: New York, Dubai, Atlanta, The Caribbean, Hawaii
5 bad habits I have: Cursing, not paying attention/listening, being late, procrastination, holding grudges
5 things I like doing: Reading, writing, playing with my son, traveling, sex
5 things I would never wear: ugly shoes, hickeys, fake jewelry, too-tight clothing, black stockings with white shoes
5 TV shows I like: Friends, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sex & the City, A Different World, The Cosby Show
5 movies I like: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Love Jones,Love Actually, The Color Purple
5 famous people I’d like to meet: Hillary Clinton, Maya Angelou, Mos Def, Condeleeza Rice, Oprah
5 biggest joys at the moment: My son, my family, my friends, son’s father, school
5 favorite toys: Perfection, Operation, Go Fish, Bubblegum Baby, Etch a Sketch

4 Comments:

Blogger Ananse's Web said...

This is a good meme....I am known for holding grudges myself...go figure.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your spot! Thanks for stopping by mine! :0) ..I'll be back.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

It's been a new kind of hot in these parts Meka. Something better give or else I'm going to melt in this piece! -lol

9:53 PM  
Blogger EJ Flavors said...

Atlanta, huh? Cmon through!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home