Friday, July 22, 2005

Random Friday Madness

1. Why will people tell you boldface lie and then try to turn the tables on you when you call them on it. You got caught so just admit it. I would respect you more. Don’t try to make that other person feel like it was their fault you lied.

2. Why did I get a funny look when this car FULL of Black folks pulled up next to me today cause I was blasting Hoobastank in my car? Yes I listen to alternative music… and damn well enjoy it too. I like a few country songs too. So what? Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from hearing about brothas getting trapped in the closet, or droppin it like it’s hot, or somebody leaking till they’re soakin wet (which is horrible by the way). Maybe that’s just me.

3. Why does everyone laugh at me when I say I’m short but I have long legs? I mean think about it. Some people have long torsos and short legs and vice versa. I happen to have a shorter torso and longer legs. But I’m still short as hell. Think about it.

4. If I’m standing in line at the grocery store with a cart full of food, and you are behind me with like two things, I will say go ahead in front of me. But do not, I repeat DO NOT, proceed to send your son for 3 things you forgot and hold up the line.

5. Why am I hooked on Laguna Beach on MTV and The Hogans on VH-1? I mean I knew I was a reality TV junky but this is too much even for me.

6. Why is the new girl on the phone all day? I mean you’ve only been here 2 weeks. Don’t start slacking until at least your fourth week. Not only is she loud as hell, she comes in here looking like she went to the club the night before and never changed clothes.

7. Is it just me, or after good sex do you feel like you can do anything?

8. Why does my supervisor say supposubly instead of supposedly? Or pacific instead of specific. Or treach instead of teach? And why does it bother me like nails on a chalkboard?

9. Why do females who can’t walk in high heels, walk in high heels? If you know your time limit in heels is 2 hours and you work an 8-hour day, you might want to take a pair of flats with you. That way when hour 3 hits you aren’t tiptoeing around like your trying to scare somebody.

10. Advice to my employer: If you want me to be productive on a Friday afternoon, then don’t feed me sandwiches and pasta salad and chips and cake and… well just don’t feed me period. If you do you waive your right to me working instead of watching the clock, blogging, and nodding off a little.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

LOL.. Pretty funny Random Friday Madness. Got to give extra props to numbers #2 (I play lots of alternative music and out of date stuff. Imagine the looks I get when they see a 220 lb black man playing a song by 10,000 Maniacs!)

#7 - well, I'm high testosteroned anyway so after good sex, or without it, I'm like speedy Gonzales. But if I ask the wife that same question, she'll say, "you know what, that is sooo true, but I don't know why." - (wink)

Don't get me started on #'s 9 and # 10! Nice job Meka...

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home