Friday, July 15, 2005

Harry Potter Baby!!!!

I’m 29 years old soon to be 30 and should know better but I love, love, love Harry Potter. I have a love of reading that spans over two decades. Books to me are precious and priceless and I love nothing better than to curl up in my comfortable chair and read a book. No TV, no music, no phone, just peace and quiet and my book. When I was a child books were an escape for me. They made me feel safe in an environment that wasn’t. Even back then I could open a 300-page book and read it from cover to cover in no time. I will read just about any type of book. I love mysteries and romance, fiction and non-fiction. It doesn’t really matter. I went from a child reading Judy Blume to an adult reading John Grisham. But when I started reading Harry Potter I didn’t realize that I would get hooked. I know they are supposed to be for kids but I can’t help it. I cannot wait to start on the new one.

I’ve started reading them to Peanut, which I mentioned to a friend of mine. She flipped out. “Those books are about witches and wizards and that’s the devil.” Uhhhh… be easy. It’s just a book. I’m not teaching him about devil worship or anything like that. It’s called imagination. I will teach him how to draw the line between fantasy and reality. I mean it’s the same with Barney and Dragon Tales. He’s not going to go around looking for purple dinosaurs or flying dragons. I think Harry Potter teaches children valuable lessons about friendship and strength.

Anyway… It’s going to rain all weekend again. I wanted to take the Peanut swimming this weekend but I guess that’s out. His dad should be here which should be interesting since we haven’t really been talking lately. I don’t even want to get into all of that drama. I guess I’ll just have to see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home