Friday, August 05, 2005

my blues

my blues ain’t for you to write
my story’s already been written
i wrote it my damn self
cause nobody ever listens

like the time I was 10
and stole candy from the store
stuffed all I could in my pants but still I wanted more
ran so fast i thought my legs would fall out the socket
got home and realized
the candy had fell out my damn pocket

when i was 13
i set the crabs free from the pot
i didn’t want my daddy to cook them
he whipped me on the spot

my first kiss at 15
with the boy up the street
we talked that day in school about where we were gonna meet
we were in our garage kissin and drinkin beer
my little brother caught us
and blackmailed me for a year

the time I was 18
and had my first real drink
i spent the whole night
throwin up in the bathroom sink
i swore up and down i would never drink seagram’s gin
i went out the next night and did it all again

the time when I was 19
and got my cherry popped
i was so damn nervous
my stomach did a flop
he rubbed my back, my feet and head
threw up on him and the bed

24
i broke my toe falling down the hill
all cause I was rushing
to pay my sprint bill

when i was 28
i had my baby boy
7 pounds and ten ounces of love, pride and joy
now he’s 18 months and easily 30 pounds
pudgy legs, easy smiles and tantrums on the ground

30 I’ll enter my sexy phase
i hear 40 is the new twenty
50 i’ll be dying the grays
60? well hopefully i’m still humpin

my blues ain’t for you to write
my story’s already been written
i wrote it my damn self
cause nobody ever listens

5 Comments:

Blogger The Gig said...

Cute Post -- so you write poems. Is this the only one? If not you need to share some of your others with us. Enjoyed your post.

Thank you for your comment on my post. I laughed my way through it. I have several of those kind of days. ha, ha

3:44 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

That was a nice post...You're becoming one of my daily reads! How are you handling this Delaware heat?? :-( Lol

4:33 PM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

That was cute! I was laughing that you lost all your candy runnin!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

19--Oh no you didn't!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

lol, i like this post.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home