Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend Recap

I had a pretty good weekend. First of all it wasn’t anywhere near as hot as it has been. That was a blessing. When it’s hot like that I can’t function. Friday night I whipped some butt on the spades table (as usual). Advice to Shauna & Darryl: don’t talk shit to me all week about spades and then don’t bring your A game. You will never hear the end of it. I love beating people who think they can’t lose. Especially in their own house. Daryl & Shauna are two of Max’s (my soldier friend) best friends. I’ve heard about them but this is the first time I’ve ever met them. I’ve talked to “D” on the phone and every time I do he talks shit about how he’s gonna whip me on the card table. It’s so funny cause after the second game on Friday a lot of that talk died down. You know the type… they’ll talk trash all night if they’re winning but if they’re losing you can hear a pin drop. This was my first time playing cards with Max too. His real name isn’t Max but for the sake of posting it is now. All and all I had a really good time. Saturday I slept in after getting home at 3am, and then went shopping. My son really needed sneakers. Footlocker had a 30% friends and family sale so I figured I would go in and get him a pair. I ended up buying three pair. I got him two pair of Nikes and a pair of Reeboks to play in, and I only paid $30 for all three. I love a good sale. I had to buy 7’s because they were out of 7 ½. So he won’t be able to wear them as long as I would have liked but for $30 it doesn’t matter. If his feet keep growing at this rate I’ll be buying sneakers every three months. I actually had to get his dad to put the money in our joint account so I could buy them. I just sent him an IM telling him that I needed money for sneakers. That is one of the things that I do appreciate about Benjamin. Even though things are over between us we can still come together when it comes to our son. Speaking of Peanut, that boy is a hot mess. He is talking so clearly now. It’s so funny how some things seem to happen over night. I just signed him up for a tot program at the YMCA he’ll have so much fun. The Y is so expensive though. It’s a four-week program and it set me back $280. If he has a good time and learns some things it will be worth every penny. If he doesn’t he’ll have to work it off:)

Anyway… after shopping on Saturday I went to help my mom get ready for my Aunts 55th birthday party on Sunday. She was only expecting 50 people but it seemed like she cooked enough for 100. We had ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, fried cabbage, greens, seafood salad pretzel salad, cake, and watermelon… I could go on and on. She was cooking for two days. I love my mom but sometimes I don’t understand her. She has arthritis in her legs and knees but she chooses to stand up and cook into the wee hours of the morning. Then when I called her today she’s laid up in the bed so sore she can barley move. She keeps saying she’ll stop when she’s dead, and I understand that she wants to be active, but not at the expense of her health. I’m rambling again. Sorry.

After I left her house I went back on base. Anyone who is a civilian trying to get on base can understand how hard it is to get on base. Max was supposed to sign me on at the guard gate but forgot. So I had to circle around the guard gate and park, walk into the guard shack, show them id, registration, and proof of insurance. I don’t know why they needed all of that but when someone with a loaded gun strapped over his shoulder asks me for those things trust and believe he’s going to get it. Then I had to call Max but I couldn’t remember his number. The fool doesn’t even live on base so he stays with different people when he’s here. He’s given me no less then 10 numbers to reach him. So I had to dig thru my trunk to find my day planner and get the damn number but before I could he comes riding up. He was just a grinning and I was not in the mood. He thought it was funny and I surely did not. Next time he doesn’t sign me in, I’m turning around and leaving.

I finally got to see his motorcycle. It was really nice. I mean I really don’t know anything about motorcycles but the colors where nice. He convinced me to ride and I must admit that I liked it. A lot. I didn’t like the helmet but I put it on anyway. The faster he went the more I liked it. I can see how people get addicted to motorcycles. I wanted to drive it but of course that was a hell no. I’m going to wear him down on that one. After that we didn’t do much. Went to dinner and then I went home because I knew I had to go back to my mom’s house on Sunday morning to finish helping her.

Sunday was the birthday party. It started out well but around the middle I was ready to go. My family is crazy but if you add alcohol to the mix they reach a whole other level of crazy. I don’t even know where the alcohol came from but before I knew it several people were buzzed. After I saw someone walk into a glass door I went inside. My mom’s best friends where inside the house trying to school the younger women about sex and marriage. It was a trip to hear all of these church folk talk about stuff like that. I’ll save what they said for another post. I’m tired of typing.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

I think moms all over the world went to a class that offered that they say the mantra: "I'll stop when I'm dead" and be in a state of pain and suffering the next day for not heeding our words about slowing it down.(siiigh)

Sounds like you had a great weekend. And I agree, although I was in NYC for the weekend, it was much more mild temperature wise than it had been earlier in the week. Be good miss Meka.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Ananse's Web said...

30 bucks for some sneakers is NOT bad at all. As for the motorcycles...I think it is downright sexy to see a man with his woman hitched up on the back of one of those...as long as its not my man and me...I am too scurred of those things. Too fast with no protection except for a helmet is NOT my idea of fun.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of insurance auction motorcycle

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home